A part of HealthAlliance Home Health and Hospice, the hospice program enhances the quality of life for seriously ill patients. The program coordinates a team of dedicated physicians and professionals to help both the patient and family in sharing their remaining days.
Emphasis is on comfort and care at home and keeping hospitalizations at a minimum. Hospice recognizes not only the physical, but also the emotional, social and spiritual needs of the terminally ill patient and family. The hospice team is dedicated to meeting those special needs by providing:
- Pain and symptom management
- Personal care including assistance with bathing
- Maintaining personal dignity and self determination
- Respite care and companionship
- Medications and equipment related to the terminal illness
- Communication with distant family members if desired
- Assistance with financial issues and community resources
- Support and planning for death & dying
- Home Health Aides can assist with preparation of meals and assist with feeding
Bereavement Services: HealthAlliance Hospice offers comprehensive bereavement support programs to help ease the isolation grief can impose. This includes ongoing support for families, family meetings and face to face or telephonic consultation.
Spiritual Care Services: HealthAlliance Hospice offers non-denominational supportive counseling sensitive to the patient and family members’ belief system. We can also arrange community clergy visitation from the patient’s faith community.